Sunday, March 10, 2013

Day 10: Middle School Regionals

It's only been a year since 8th grade, and all of a sudden the middle school musicians look so small and adorable. Today I listened to the middle school regionals orchestra, because my brother was one of the violin players. He was the first violin 15th chair and only in 6th grade; don't tell him I said this, but that's quite impressive considering how he practices at home. *Cough* I'm listening to you as I'm typing this, Michael *Cough* I also found it hysterical that he was a head shorter than everyone else in the orchestra when they all stood up for pictures.

Anyways, the music itself was phenomenal. Since recording is not allowed (you have to buy them from "professional recording") I never actually heard what the middle school orchestra usually sounds like. Trust me, sitting on stage gives a totally different experience than sitting in the audience. I saw many familiar faces, whether they be from my local orchestra, have the same violin teacher as me, or are just family friends. This has definitely been an amazing experience for me, and I look forward to hearing what the middle school all-states orchestra will sound like!


No comments:

Post a Comment