Thursday, March 7, 2013

Day 7: Mixed feelings About Today's Snow

Yesterday I blogged about how it was supposed to snow last night. When I woke up this morning, there was absolutely no snow on the ground, although there were light flurries floating through the air. Despite my immediate disappointment of snowy and possibly delayed-opening fun, I marveled at the beauty of the snow. It was really cool because every five minutes when I look outside, the weather was slightly different from the last. From scattered snowflakes to thick chunks, the weather had it all today.

Today as I was walking between BASH classes, I was very disappointed and a bit shocked that the snow wasn't sticking at all, despite the nonstop downpour of the white precipitation. Maybe it was because the air temperature was too warm, or the snow simply wasn't thick enough. Although I enjoyed catching the pure white snowflakes on my tongue, I was not able to experience the fun of creating delicate footprints on a blanket of snow.

2 comments:

  1. The snow was pretty today, wasn't it? I wouldn't have minded if a little stuck to the ground, but I'm glad we didn't get all that much. Snow is nice to look at, but I don't much like standing in it at the bus stop in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved looking out the classroom windows today to see that heavy snow. Even though it didn't stick, it was still pretty and I definitely enjoyed watching it! :)

    ReplyDelete