Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Day 5: Practice practice practice...

March 16th is a very special day to me. Not only is it my brother's birthday, but this year it is also the day of my state's All State Orchestra auditions. I was kind of mentally freaking out about it yesterday because I couldn't get a clean sound and a lot of my notes were out of tune. This audition song is so difficult D:

Today my sound was better. Before I began practicing I applied some rosin (kind of like a bow-polisher) onto my bow, which didn't affect the sound significantly, but it did help somewhat. Also, yesterday I went over the whole song really slowly, which probably contributed to the less sloppy sound I produced today. Since I was much more motivated to practice today, I actually finished practicing early than usual because I didn't waste so much time. 

I plan to further practice today after I finish my homework, because I have much less homework than usual :D I really need the practice; not only for the solo piece, but also for scales and sight-reading. Not to mention that I have a competition next month and I need to practice the two songs for that...


No comments:

Post a Comment