Saturday, March 9, 2013

Day 9: Finally Defeated Darkrai!

Some of you may not understand this post at all, especially if you never played the DS Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games. But the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon series is pretty much has my most favorite games. Not only are the artwork and music masterpieces, but the story line is touching and creative. I got my first Mystery Dungeon game when I was twelve; it was called "Explorers of Darkness". My first game file, I admit, was really bad. I had almost no strategy and didn't have the skills to progress far in the game.

Last May, I erased my file and started it again. I plowed through the story line really quickly; who knew that after a few years of gaming experience, this game would suddenly get so easy? Within a few weeks I defeated what is considered the final boss, Dialga. But after that Pokemon there are many additional stories to follow; the boss I would consider as "final" would be Darkrai. And he is the real challenge.

Because of the much less free time I have gotten during the weekends since the school year started, I rarely touched my DS. Once in a while I would attempt and defeat Darkrai a couple of times, then put it down for another month or so. But today, before my family went to kungfu class, I grabbed my DS. I figured I would gain a few levels to ascend towards my ultimate gaming goal. As we were driving, I did really badly, getting KO'ed within the first couple of floors of the mystery dungeon, Dark Cave. However, after a few defeats, I steadily made my way to the bottom of Darkrai's lair. Using the strategies that I have developed after years of experience, I finally destroyed the formidable legendary Pokemon. I finally completed the game that I have loved for so many years.


No comments:

Post a Comment