Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Day 13: Suffering through Pain

Yesterday I was super tired. I also had a raging headache and my arms and legs were super sore (not muscle sore. JOINT SORE. And it hurts much more.) At 9:00 I couldn't do any more homework, so I took a shower and all that jazz and fell asleep by 10. That was the first time in months that I slept before my little brother did.

Today wasn't any better. As soon as I woke up, my shoulders and arms were killing me. I had to cope through it the whole day; luckily, it began to die down by fourth period. During lunch I usually eat a whole sandwich without a problem, but today I struggled to take bites before I threw half of my sandwich away (I know, I feel guilty about wasting food. Don't judge me.)

When I got home, I wasn't hungry at all, even though I ate half of what I usually ate for lunch. I figured I should eat something, so I forced down an apple. This resulted in a stomachache for about thirty minutes. My mom called me to remind my brother and me that we were going to have a violin lesson and therefore would have to eat dinner super late (I ate dinner today at about 9), so I pretty much shoved a little more food down my throat. A few minutes later I got another stomachache.

The ride to my teacher's house was horrible. Since we were driving during the rush hour, there was heavy traffic in the highway. My stomachache was still there, so I felt sick every time my mom abruptly pressed the breaks.

Not only that, but my teacher was not happy with the way I practiced for the last couple of days. Yesterday I couldn't really practice much because of my fatigue, but that's not really an excuse. I only have THREE DAYS until the All-States auditions. Hopefully I will feel better and my playing will be much less sloppy by then. I really need to practice.

Wow, this is a long post.


No comments:

Post a Comment